Handbag beauty must haves!



Carrying a few beauty goodies on the go is an essential for me, because I like having the ability to touch up my face during long days at work or on nights out. And since I have a list of things that I like putting in my own makeup bag, I thought sharing it with you all would help you get your bag together or give you ideas on what to add to your own.


First you'll need a small makeup bag. I have tried carrying my things just thrown in my handbag, but that was a hot mess so getting a makeup bag would be ideal. The size varies depending on how much you want to stuff inside it. Mine is medium-sized and has 2 different compartments which keeps me even more organized. And here are the products I have to have on the go. 

1. A face powder

This is an essential for women with oily skin. Mine gets oily 2 hours into the day and I hate having that glow, so I always carry a powder with me to mattify my face and get rid of all that shine. The one I use is by Rimmel and is called Stay Matte, but I need to carry a small powder brush with me because it does not come with one. 
If you don't wear makeup but have oily skin, invest in oil remover sheets (I get mine at Boots). These are a life-saver, as all you have to do is gently wipe your face with them and all the oils transfer on from your face to the sheet. Genius.

2. Chapstick/Lip balm
Self explanatory- dry lips are never attractive

3. Lipstick/gloss
Optional. I usually throw in the color that I'm wearing on that day.

4. MAC's Fix Plus
This is a great way to add moisture to your face, especially if you wear makeup and don't want to carry a cream with you. What it is, is a water-based face spray that you can add to your bare face as well as to your face if you have makeup on. It is also a face refresher for endless days at work.

5. Hand cream
I always carry my trusty baby-sized Hand Food cream by Soap and Glory in my bag. Any hand cream of your choice makes a great addition to your bag on the go, especially during the colder months.

6. Hand wipes/sanitizer
Because I don't always have access to a bathroom. I prefer hand wipes, because I don't like the smell of sanitizer.

7. Pads
Because you never know exactly when that pain in the ass time of the month might spring up on you.

8. Concealer
This is optional, but I get bad dark circles under my eyes and sometimes my foundation doesn't last perfectly on my skin. When that happens, I simply conceal any spots or redness.

9. Perfume
Instead of hauling a heavy bottle of perfume around, I like carrying a couple of sample sized perfumes. That way I can get a bit of a variety, it takes up no space and weighs practically close to nothing!

That's it! Sometimes I throw a few more items in, but usually this is all I need with me. xx

0 Comments