Fueling up at Angelina

A friend and I ventured out into the city yesterday, walking around and taking shots for our Instagrams, braving the miserable rainy weather. After walking around for a couple of hours, we decided to go to Al-Hamra mall, one of the more upscale malls here in Kuwait. I like walking around there because it's usually not crowded at all, and if you know malls in Kuwait then you know how packed they can get.

Thankfully, there was hardly anyone there when we went, probably due to the rainy weather. Score. We walked around a bit and decided to get coffee at Angelina, a cute Parisian cafe and restaurant. I've never been, but I always heard that they had amazing hot chocolate and that tourists in Paris always want to try it.







When we got to the restaurant, there was a party of about 20 women sitting indoors who weren't exactly being very quiet. I'd wanted to sit inside because of the beautiful decor of the restaurant, but we decided to sit in the outside seating (still inside the mall, just outside of the restaurant).




Remember that hot chocolate? They were out of it, which is no big deal, only means I will have to go back there again which is completely fine with me. I ended up ordering the cafe au lait, and the Paris-New York pastry.













My friend had a sundae with caramelized bananas.





The coffee was great, and so was my pastry. I definitely want to go back for the hot chocolate and possibly a millefeuille, which is probably my favorite French dessert.

I definitely would recommend paying them a visit, just keep in mind that they're a little pricier than your average coffee shop. In total we ended up paying a little over 11KD, along with a large Evian water.


If you'd like to pay them a visit, Angelina is located on the ground floor of Al Hamra mall in Kuwait City. They're also on Instagram @angelinapariskw



0 Comments