Keeping Blonde Hair Healthy



Natural blondes, I envy you. You probably don't know what it feels like to sit in the hairdresser's chair for 3+ hours while your highlights are being put on and developing. Alas, a lot of us non-blondes make that sacrifice in order to have blonde hair. Since I've been getting mine dyed blonde for about 10 years, I've come to understand how to take care of it since bleach can be really bad for our hair.

First thing's first, if your hair is a dark brown/black, it is healthier to slow into the blonde process. A lot of hairdressers recommend that dark hair gets lifted a few shades at a time instead of going completely full-on blonde the first time.

Once you do get to a nice degree of blonde which you're comfortable with, upkeep from home can make a huge difference for you between your hairdresser appointments. Below are the steps I like to follow.

I don't wash my hair for a couple of days after bleaching it. It's already a little dry from the bleach, no point in washing it and drying it out further.



I do a hair mask every time I wash my hair. The one I'm currently using is this one by Dove.




Once a week, I will deep condition my hair using the Olaplex no. 3

When I feel like my hair is starting to get a little brassy/yellow, I wash it with purple shampoo. I leave it on for 2-3 minutes and then rinse and mask as usual.



I also use heat on my hair, which means I have to use a heat protectant before blowdrying/styling. The one I'm currently using is by Mark Hill. I also use the hair oil by the same brand on the ends of my hair after I'm done styling it.


If you would like to purchase any of these products, they're available to purchase on Amazon! If you use my link through Ebates on Amazon, or hundreds of other stores Ebates is affiliated with, you can get cash back on your purchases! How awesome is that? Ebates is completely free to use, and if you use my link, you will be supporting my blog and for that I would be so appreciative to you!

All you have to do is sign up for Ebates using THIS LINK, and shop away. If you spend $25 on your first purchase, you will automatically get $10 cash back! Happy shopping!


That's about it for products! Other things I like to do it get a haircut every 8ish weeks and drink plenty of water. Also if your body absorbs multivitamins, its good to also take those regularly and to keep a healthy diet.


What are your blonde hair tips and tricks? :)



0 Comments