Affordable makeup in Kuwait

I got a comment on one of my previous posts which asked if I could write about more affordable makeup that is easily available in Kuwait. Unfortunately the makeup prices here are double, if not triple, of that of the States. Taking MAC for example, I bought a few single eye shadows (the ones that go straight into a pan) for over 6KD ($21) each. In the States, the same thing costs $10, which is UNDER 3KD. So we literally are paying more than twice the price for makeup as it is, not to mention that with luxury brands being everywhere, it's sometimes hard to find good picks that cost less.

Do I love expensive makeup? Sure I do. Sepora is like a candy store to me. But when I first started out with makeup it was all about those more affordable brands and I use them regularly to this day. 

So today I will be taking you through what I would personally put on my face in the order that it would go on, and then sharing with you where you can find the best quality for a cheaper price.

The first thing that I always put on is a primer. Now I have not tried any cheaper primers because I love the Smashbox Photo Finish (click the link to go to its picture), and it is a pretty pricey item. But I do have a nifty little tip if you want to try it out for free. Go to Sephora at the Avenues, buy literally anything you want, it can even be just a nail polish, and at the counter as you're paying ask for primer samples. I always ask them for samples whenever I go there and they gladly give me a whole bunch. What a primer does is it smooths the skin, fills in any pores you might have, minimizes the appearance of wrinkles, and makes your makeup last a lot longer.

Next I put on foundation or a BB cream. My favorite BB cream is the Garnier BB cream for oily skin and you can find it at most supermarkets in Kuwait in the creams isle. I use it more than I use foundation and I think it's around 3KD. Not bad at all. My favorite foundation is L'Oreal True Match and you can find it at Boots, Centre Point, Debenhams, and Va Va Voom. It cost around 6KD.

Next comes concealer and my current favorite is the Maybelline Fit Me concealer. You can find it at the same places I mentioned above for the L'Oreal foundation. It costs a little over 3KD.

For powder I love Rimmel's Stay Matte and again it can be found in the same places as above. And it only costs 3KD.

One of my favorite bronzers is by Bourjois, and it is the Chocolate Bronzer. It looks like a bar of chocolate and smells delicious. Available in the same places as mentioned above. It is a bit on the pricey side though, it costs around 7-8KD if I'm not mistaken but it's worth it.

My favorite affordable eye shadows have to be NYX shadows. So pigmented, they have many different colors to choose from, and you can even buy a whole palette. The price for the single eye shadows is about 2-3 KD, and the palettes are anywhere between 6-15KD. NYX is available in Centre Point and they often have a sale on this brand.

Speaking of NYX, their blushes are amaaaazing. Do yourself a favor and get some. I'm not sure about the price but I think it's not more than 3 or 4 KD.

As for eyeliners, Rimmel have some great ones that actually stay on all day. Prices vary depending on which one you get, but they're pretty cheap.  

Mascaras are something that I think are a hit with most brands. L'oreal, Max Factor and Maybelline are my favorites. The prices rage from 3-6KD.

For lipsticks and glosses, my advice is to get NYX, Revlon or L'Oreal. Their prices range from 4-7KD.

I hope you found this helpful and if you want me to do any more posts let me know. 

6 Comments

  1. Are the NYX cosmetics in centrepoint Kuwait the same price as the prices in the official NYX website when converted from USD to KWD?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this information. I went to Center Point to buy few Nyx products, the promoter was not there so I end up with UNE cosmetic. I took the foundation (10KD) 2 eye pencil (6KD each) mascara; lipstick and a loose powder all for KD40. I think its very expensive but since there was a queue its kind of awkward to just not to pay.. but with the price you've mentioned above - i might get more than enough for my 40KD ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, prices always vary..

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, can you tell me where can i find rimmel london, essence cosmetics and nyx in kuwait?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Rimmel is sold at most Boots pharmacies, Essence can be found in Geant and Carrefour, and NYX is available at Centrepoint stores.

      Delete