Touring Mubarakiya

Kuwait is known for fashion, food, and stunning architecture, but most of all, it is known for tradition. And tradition is exactly what Al Mubarakiya offers. Situated in the heart of Kuwait City lies one of the most famous and oldest markets of Kuwait. Mubarakiya is filled with little booths selling everything from spices, meat, fruits and veg, to clothes, pots and pans, and fake designer bags. 

It also has 2 outdoor restaurants that serve delicious Arab dishes. I went there a couple of days ago for lunch and to look around the market, which I hadn't done since I was a little girl.


If you do visit these restaurants, try out their grilled meats and kebab, they're fantastic. And I don't even like kebab.

After we stuffed ourselves at lunch, my family and I wandered around the shops and shopped for various things.










If you are new to Kuwait, or you want to ditch the busy malls one day and try something a little more down to earth, I suggest you go on a stroll through old Mubarakiya. Even if you don't feel like shopping, the experience is worth it.

0 Comments