Breakfasting at Waffle and Steak

Yesterday night my mom decided she wanted to start her Friday with good American breakfast. Having gotten bored of Prime and Toast and The Early Bird (not that they aren't good, I've just eaten there more times than I can count), I asked around and one of my friends suggested we try Waffle and Steak, a little joint in Mangaf.

I'm so glad we did.

They are located in block 4 of Mangaf, on the coastal road that leads to Al Koot. 


 Money table.


 The inside looks like a bar.





 Little brother's hands in my shot, as per usual.










 American breakfast. Sausage, eggs (done however you request), a very good hash brown, turkey ham, and most importantly, bacon.


The pancakes were delicious, as big as my face, and served with sausage and bacon (someone snatched it before I had a chance to take a picture of it, grr). 


 My dish! Foodgasm on a plate. Cinamon and sugar French toast (you have a choice of white or brown bread). I didn't know that bacon and cinnamon go so well together, and have basically come to the conclusion that bacon goes with everything.


 My mama's cheese omlette with toast, bacon and sausage. She loved it.


The hot chocolate and coffee weren't excellent, but the great food made up for it.


Oh, they also serve good lunch and dinner options. Steak, sandwiches, chicken and whatever else you would find at an American restaurant.
We left the place stuffed and happy, apart from getting annoyed at the Indian worker person there who wouldn't quit staring and made my mom uncomfortable. I really think restaurant managers should TELL their workers that it's rude to stare, because some of their mother' forgot to teach them that!

All in all, it was a good start to a good Friday in sunny Kuwait.

0 Comments