Why Pulp Fiction is Awesome


This is a totally biased post because I love the movie more than I love some living things, but I though I'd post this because I really think everybody should watch this movie. If you're 18, maybe not so much.. The amount of profanity and use of illegal substances might not make your parents happy you're watching it. Don't tell me I didn't warn you. 

THE CAST
John Travolta. Samuel L. Jackson. Uma Thurman. Bruce Willis. Quentin Tarantino. Harvey Keitel. Christopher Walken. 
Brilliant. Travolta and Jackson were perfect for the roles of Vincent and Jules. I can't imagine there being anybody else saying "SAY WHAT AGAIN"? or "Royaaaale with cheese". Thurman killed it in her role as Mia Wallace. The cast could not have been better selected. Kudos, Tarantino. You really know how to bring the best of the business together.


THE CHARACTERS
Pulp Fiction's characters are unlike any you've seen in any other movie. They are a mixture of mysterious, smart, complex, cold-hearted, ambitious, self-centered, rough, shy, stubborn and hilarious. They all differ in characteristics and together make a perfect mess. My favorites are Jules (I want him to be my best friend) and Jimmie, because of how random his character is. "When you came pulling in here, did you notice a sign out in front of my house that said "Dead Nigger Storage"?" Kills me every single time. 



THE PLOT
When you first watch Pulp Fiction, you won't get half of what's going on unless you really focus. That is what a good movie should be able to do- totally disconnect whoever's watching from the outside world. You won't know it at the beginning, but all the characters really are connected and every single scene leads to something. The plot of the movie (which I won't spoil) is so twisted and at times comical that you will enjoy even if you aren't into this type of movies. I can't even define it because of how much went on in it. The drugs, the guns, the cussing, the random shooting somebody in the face by mistake and then turning it into an unforgettable scene.. Ah. Love it.


THE DIALOGUE
Is it sad that I know almost half the movie's dialogue by heart? No, it's not. It's awesome. Pulp Fiction is hands down my favorite movie to quote, and I'm guilty of busting out in its quotes in real life. One of the most iconic scenes in movie history is the one where Vincent and Jules go down to "take care of business" at Brett's place, at the beginning of the movie.
But probably the most  famous and (coolest) quote is the Ezekiel 25:17 that Jules recites right before going on a shooting spree with Vincent.

“The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee.”

The chills.



0 Comments